An air conditioner not only cools down air that is already in the room but also helps reduce humidity in the air, what with a built-in drying feature.
So it’s not a surprise that you rely on an air conditioning Atlanta company to keep your cooling system in good condition for as long as possible. And what are the odds that, at the first sign of malfunction, you will be on the phone calling Moncriefair air conditioner replacement?
Not everything that feels or sounds odd with your air conditioner, however, means it is on the brink of a breakdown.
Symptoms and Explanations
- When the AC runs but does not cool, ice may have formed on the coils or that the condensate drain requires cleaning. It is also possible that the equipment simply requires a reset or a new filter.
- When the air handler doesn’t properly blow air, you may need to clean or thaw a dirty or frozen indoor evaporator coil.
- When the air handler stops working completely, it may not be receiving power or that the cabinet housing it is open, preventing it from working.
- When you hear grinding or squealing noises coming from the air handler, you don’t need to call Moncriefair air conditioner replacement in Atlanta GA just yet. The belt that connects the motor to the blower may have just slipped.
- When buzzing sounds come out of air handler, a bad fan relay or blower fan may be the problem. No need to panic.
- Popping or pinging sounds coming out of the metal ductwork could mean thermal expansion or that a part of the metal sheet has come loose and is now flapping with the air that comes in and out of the duct.
- When the outdoor compressor makes a buzzing sound, it may have a defective run capacitor. Don’t turn it on to prevent overheating the motor. Although a thermal overload switch will automatically shut off the motor when it overheats, you don’t want to damage it in the first place.
- When the outdoor compressor hums when you set the thermostat to cool, the transformer could be experiencing low voltage. This is the perfect time to call experts of air conditioning Atlanta currently has. Given the associated risks dealing with electrical parts, this kind of problem should be checked by a professional.
- When the compressor makes grinding noises, the bearings in the motor may have worn out. Similar to when it makes a buzzing sound, the compressor’s motor will overheat and shut off. The best solution would be to replace the motor.
- When the air conditioner doesn’t turn off, even when it reached the temperature set on the thermostat, your thermostat may be improperly wired or broken. However, when the AC shuts off when the thermostat is set to heat, the only solution available is to replace the thermostat.
Even when air conditioning companies offer the best air conditioning installation Atlanta GA has, your cooling unit would still go through wear and tear over time.
But there’s no need to panic when your air conditioner starts giving you problems. Experts of air conditioning Atlanta has can tell you what the problem is and provide the appropriate solution.